WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11th: Psalm 50. Miserere mei, Deus

Psalm 50. Miserere mei, Deus

Have mercy upon me, O God, * after thy great goodness.
2 According to the multitude of thy mercies * do away mine offences.
3 Wash me throughly from my wickedness, * and cleanse me from my sin.
4 For I acknowledge my faults, * and my sin is ever before me.
5 Against thee only have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight; * that thou mightest be justified in thy saying, and clear when thou shalt judge.
6 Behold, I was shapen in wickedness, * and in sin hath my mother conceived me.
7 But lo, thou requirest truth in the inward parts, * and shalt make me to understand wisdom secretly.
8 Thou shalt purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; * thou shalt wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
9 Thou shalt make me hear of joy and gladness, * that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
10 Turn thy face from my sins, * and put out all my misdeeds.
11 Make me a clean heart, O God, * and renew a right spirit within me.
12 Cast me not away from thy presence, * and take not thy holy Spirit from me.
13 O give me the comfort of thy help again, * and stablish me with thy free Spirit.
14 Then shall I teach thy ways unto the wicked, * and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
15 Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, thou that art the God of my health; * and my tongue shall sing of thy righteousness.
16 Thou shalt open my lips, O Lord, * and my mouth shall shew thy praise.
17 For thou desirest no sacrifice, else would I give it thee; * but thou delightest not in burnt-offerings.
18 The sacrifice of God is a troubled spirit: * a broken and contrite heart, O God, shalt thou not despise.
19 O be favourable and gracious unto Sion; * build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
20 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with the burnt-offerings and oblations; * then shall they offer young bullocks upon thine altar.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, * world without end. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment