WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Friday, April 24, 2015

Poem: “What You Got…”



Poem: “What You Got…”
By: Eric Gajewski
From the work, "Fortress of the Soul"
Matthew 19: 20-22 
The young man saith to him: All these I have kept from my youth, what is yet wanting to me? Jesus saith to him: If thou wilt be perfect, go sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come follow me. And when the young man had heard this word, he went away sad: for he had great possessions.

 O’ Love, so long for Thee I sought
But Thy Note was too high to be sung
For Your Breeze dances wherest I as man can only walk
Your Lips teach but mine as lonely vessel can only be taught
O’ Love, I can takest no more, I have had just about enough
Whence shall Ye cometh with Your Air to filleth my lungs
For Your touch melts but as ice I am frozen alone in want
Your Caress settles but I, your daily mess, seem to work for naught
O’ Love, stay hidden no more!
I journey and shalst await by the side of thy River under the sun
For Your Vine givest & my lands that “stench of self” are the only seeming draught
Your fields flowest freely wilst I as a sinner am continually “caught”
Your Flower eternally blooms whence mine without Thee shall rot
O’ Love, a heart weighed down with possessions, is sadly what I brought
Whence Thy Eyes shalst speak of silence I shalst try to hold my tongue
For Your Mercy is so tender and yet I do not do what I ought
Your Love encompasses the earth and yet I cannot flee, not even a thought
O’ Love, Is this life all for naught?
And Love responds which thy Word hast won ….
Tis’ I thou needest; Tis’ I Who Am your All; Tis’ I Who are thy Answer
But in thy pride you remain and stay stuck in the question
And therefore by “self” you livest
And it is by this “self”, which yields nothing in return, in the end, you got…

No comments:

Post a Comment